The first webinar “Port-city scenarios during and after Covid-19”, part of the cycle of seminars organised by RETE, will take place on 4 May 2020 at 16.00.
RETE’s Scientific Committee invites you to reflect:
- what is happening in the world’s port cities due to Covid-19;
- what the effects of Covid-19 will be and how long they will last;
- what impact the closure is having on maritime traffic;
- what role port authorities can play in managing the emergency;
- how port-city relations are changing and how they will change;
- how the port urban landscape is changing and how it will change;
- how the emergency can be transformed into an opportunity.
This first meeting will focus on the port cities of Livorno, Naples and Barcelona and the speakers will be Massimo Clemente (Research Director of CNR IRISS and Scientific Director of RETE), Pietro Spirito (President of the Port System Authority of the Central Tyrrhenian Sea), Barbara Bonciani (Councillor for Ports of the Municipality of Livorno), Giuseppe Tarzia (Admiral of the Maritime Directorate of the Tuscany Region and Commander of the Port Authority of Livorno), José Luis Estrada (Estrada Consulting, former President of RETE).
The webinar, with the scientific advice of researchers from the Italian National Research Council – Research Institute for Innovation and Development Services, from the Department of Humanities Federico II, Department of Architecture Federico II – Master in Planning and Sustainable Design of Port Areas, is part of the activities of the “Port-Community” operational table of the “RETE Advanced Node” coordinated by the CNR IRISS.